Recently I am obsessed with cooking with avocado. So I decided to share with you one of my favorite AND EASY recipes. This is a simple dish that works well as a main salad or as a side salad. It comes together quickly and its very delicious.
- 1½ cups of chopped tomatoes – I used cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber – peeled and seeded then diced
- 1 avocado – diced
- 1 small minced red onion
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 8 twists of black pepper from a pepper mill
- Chop tomatoes into a medium dice. If using cherry tomatoes, cut in half. Add to a bowl.
- Peel and seed one cucumber and dice. Add to bowl.
- Remove pit, dice avocado and using a spoon scoop out the avocado from the peel. Add to bowl.
- Add minced red onion to bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, salt and black pepper – pour over salad.
- Toss gently so the avocado don’t break up. Serve immediately.
- If refrigerating – keep the avocado aside and add before severing.
And what is you favorite recipe with avocado?